Friday, August 1, 2008

It's August ...

Well, here it is the first of August! August is one of my favorite months. Why? Because both of our birthdays fall in August ... and they are both fun to say: Doug's bday is 8/8 and mine is 8/28. :) But this year, August is extraly FUN because of the summer Olympics ... they start on 8/8/08! (and those of you who know me, know that I LOVE numbers!) :) So it'll be a special day in TADAville. :)

August is also a bitter-sweet month. For me, it means summer is over and school is right around the corner. I enjoy getting my classroom ready and getting ready for the new school year (organizing, decorating, and planning), it's just once the first day of school comes, summer is officially done! :( and :)

The Lord has been so good to us this summer! He tried us in a way we were not expecting. Doug and I thought it would be a good idea to use the summer for me to take a few classes (to help move me over on the pay-scale.) We just didn't expect how much time it would take. I spent most of my summer days working on the 10 grad units. Which in a sense, was a bummer, because Doug knows how much I work during the school year, that he likes my summers to be light. But taking the courses during the summer was much better than trying to juggle them while teaching. :) God grew us in new ways ... especially realizing that things are not always as we wish. The Lord taught me to rely on Him more. There were times when I tried to get my school work done on my own, however, during those times my school work became a trial because I was relying on my own strength, instead of His. And when I relied on God, my course work was a joy and went much smoother. :) He is amazing that way! Our God is a great God!
The above pic was taken at the end of June. I had just gotten my hair cut. It's now a little longer and in need of being cut again. (Maybe before school starts.) :)
Well, I guess that's the latest and greatest from TADAville. I will try to keep up-to-date on the blog! I love hearing how all my friends are doing through their blogs, that I'm sure (at least) some of you would like to hear how we're doing. I'll do my best! Many hugs to you all!

4 comments:

Andrew, Arianna, Liam, and Asher said...

Hi Tammy!

Thanks for the post! It is great to hear how your summer has been, busy as though it may be! We'll keep praying for you guys-we know it's been crazy!

jhoch said...

Thanks for an update! We'd love to catch up and introduce you to Elisabeth sometime soon--dessert at the Hoch's?

G&S said...

Good to read some updates on you both Tammy, it's been awhile. Missing you...

Love,
Shilo

wagamama said...

Sorry your summer was busy :( with school, but praise the Lord He taught you through it and you were able to persevere. I'll be praying for you as you start school soon.
Much love to you!