Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Summer Comes to a Surpriseful End!

Well, school is back into full swing ... two weeks done, 38 more to go! :) The Lord has blessed me with a wonderful class. This year I have a 2/3 combination ... which means I am responsible for teaching two grades (instead of just one.) It's more work on my end, however, I also get a great bunch of students. The school days seem to fly by, for I am constantly busy ... teaching one grade or the other. :) Plus, the kids are great. I have one little guy who thanks me daily for teaching him. :) And another little guy who is reading the Bible non-stop because it's my favorite book. They are too cute! I love my class!!! :)

My summer ended wonderfully! Doug kidnapped me! It was a Sunday and we were on our way to Sunday School, so I thought. :) But instead of driving to Sunday School, Doug turned the other way and told me he was kidnapping me. I had no idea! My first thought was "fun, a day away with my hubby, maybe we're going to the beach, or somewhere else close by." But as we continued to drive, he told me that he had everything packed in the back of the car, and that we would not be back until Tuesday. I then started to make guesses of where we were going. We ended up in Lake Arrowhead/Big Bear. ;) It was wonderful. The weather was only in the 70s (our favorite summer weather), and we even encountered a thunderstorm while we were there. We had a relaxful time! It was the perfect weekend getaway and the perfect way to end the summer. Doug sure knows how to spoil me! :)

The picture above is us in front of Lake Arrowhead. :)

1 comment:

jhoch said...

how sweet of Doug to surprise you like that! we're moving to Oregon in 2 weeks. we've got to see you before that!