Tuesday, April 20, 2010

8: My Blog Theme Number

Okay, my apologies ... it's been FOREVER since my last blog!  I really need to be more faithful at keeping it up to date - I won't make any promises, but I will certainly try!  :)  As most of you know, (who really know me), know that I LOVE numbers ... so I thought if I made a number theme with my blog, that maybe - just maybe - that would motivate me to blog more ... so I came up with my blog theme number: 8.

Why 8 you ask?  Well ... I've got 8 good reasons ...
1. My maiden name, Alderman, is 8 letters long.
2. My first soccer jersey number was 8.
3. My first soccer team, Snuggles, was 8 letters long.
4. I was born in August, the 8th month of the year.
5. Doug, my husband, was also born in the 8th month of the year.
6. I originally started this blog in '08.
7. Up until this entry, I only had 8 blog posts.
8. The product of the two digits of my classroom room number, 24, is 8.

And to stay with the 8-theme ... I thought I would post my top 8 pics since my last blog.  Here they are ...

September 9, 2008 - My first nephew, Daniel Nathan Reyes, was born.


April 29, 2009 - A camel was randomly spotted outside my classroom window.  We ran out to see it!



June 17, 2009 - Our annual Yosemite trip!  As always, we had an absolute blast!


October 10, 2009 - Our first college football game.  We were blessed with free tickets from a dear friend, and we had a lot of fun cheering for the Oregon Ducks.




November 30, 2009 - My niece turned 4 and I made her an apron, hair piece, and oven-mits (all with my mom's help and guidance.)




January 8, 2010 - Over Winter Break we went to Illinois to visit the Tobins!  We loved the ALL of the snow!  Doug really is part Polar Bear!  :)


January 8, 2010 - Lake Michigan at night.  This is the first and only time I've been so close to the Great Lakes ... so I just had to take a picture.



January 26, 2010 - My second nephew, Jakob Adler Luciano, was born.  He's my little ninja!






Now, my goal is to try and blog on dates that end with 8.  Depending on my resource of time, sometimes my blogs might just be a short tidbit, whereas, other times, they might be novels.  But, I will try, I will definitely try to keep my blog more up to date.  :)  Thanks for reading about my 8s.

1 comment:

Sandi said...

ha ha... welcome back! For accountability sake I added your blog into by bookmarked pages, so I can check back frequently. Hey... how do you remember such details of your life? When we are old and gray and our kids ask us details of when we are little I am going to pull a mom and say, "Ask your Aunt T, she remembers all that stuff". :) Must be a first born sorta of ability.