Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Trying to Make Cents of it All

Okay People ... I admit, I'm not very good at staying up to date on my blog ... but, I think, I am slowly making some progress - slowly!  :)


Usually our loose change finds a home in one of the following containers:  an old car piggy bank (that Doug painted when he was a child), a small keepsake memory/jewelry box type thing, old barrels of monkeys barrels (we have two of these), or a bailey's irish creme tin.  I'm really not sure where any of these containers came from, but as long as we have been married, those containers have been the homes of our loose change.  Every once in awhile, we'll empty them, roll them, and turn them into the bank.  The last time we used our loose change was probably a year or two ago - when Doug accidentally washed our iPod in the washing machine.  We used the change to replace it.  :)

Well, last week I decided to roll up all of our change - yet again. 

This time, we have no particular plan with the money.  I have a couple of ideas ... to go away on a small overnight trip with my hubby, to buy new running shoes and the Nike + Sportband, to save it up for our 6th anniversary, or .... the possibilities seem endless.  I'd like to see how far I can make the money go ... I consider it my cents challenge!  :)  As of right now our cents total is .... (drum roll please) ... ??? .... here's a hint ... one of the digits is an 8.  (Afterall, my blog theme is 8 ... so of course there has to be an 8 in the total).  :)

3 comments:

HisAlone said...

That's so funny Tammy, Geoff and I just did the same thing. We didn't have quite as much change though. We are still deciding what fun thing to do with it. =) You'll have to post what you decided!

Sharon said...

We have a jar with a slit in the lid that belonged to Gary's folks at some time for collecting change. Haven't emptied it in a long time. There are lots of quarters in it!! Untapped money is great-used our can recycling money for a pizza party with the kids in years past.

G&S said...

Can't believe your coming up to #6 anniversary! Love you all, Shi